Fuss & O’Neill completed a design-build project for Pitney Bowes in six separate phases at two Newtown, Connecticut facilities.
Our services included design, permitting, and construction for 110,000 square feet of manufacturing and laboratory area. Highlights of this extremely fast tracked project included:
- Construction of a new cafeteria with kitchen and dining facilities
- Fire suppression systems and pump upgrades
- Utility upgrades for mechanical, electrical, and HVAC
- Sewage pump station upgrade
- 3 acres of new parking
- 55,000 square feet of state-of-the-art manufacturing space
- 6,000 square feet of laboratory space
- Permitting of site improvements (which proved especially challenging due to construction needed in the area adjacent to wetlands)
Construction in this area required approval from the Newtown Conservation Commission and variances from the Town’s Planning and Zoning Commission. Our team partnered with the client to ensure that the project was appropriately programmed for a strictly-fixed budget and schedule. As a result of this teamwork, the project met the client’s needs and adhered to the budget and schedule.