Fuss & O’Neill provided a comprehensive suite of engineering services to support redevelopment of a historic brownfield site into a state-of-the-art recycling center and transfer station.
Specific tasks performed for this project included:
- Site programming and concept development
- Obtaining local site plan approval
- Preparing state solid waste permit applications
- Preparing construction documents
- Providing construction observation and administration services
Our team conducted extensive outreach with local authorities, involving them in pre-application meetings, site walks, and the revision of draft submissions, which resulted in application approval two months ahead of schedule.
Our design accounted for such site constraints as contaminated soil, geotechnical limitations, existing utility, and easements.
Successful and timely completion of this recycling center proved integral to the satisfactory resolution of a CT DEEP consent order.