REX Development (REX) received a $1M reward from the EPA to establish an RLF to help assess, clean, and redevelop abandoned, contaminated brownfields in the South Central Connecticut Region. Fuss & O’Neill was retained by REX to oversee the borrower’s environmental consultant’s work and provide general guidance to REX for administering the RLF. We provided these LEP services for three environmental remediation/redevelopment projects that received funding from REX under the EPA Brownfields RLF Program.
In overseeing each of these RLF remediation projects on behalf of REX, Fuss & O’Neill provided the following LEP services:
- Verified compliance with applicable, current local, state, and federal environmental assessment and remediation standards.
- Reviewed the QAPP and other reports generated by the borrower.
- Assisted in marketing the Loan Fund to potential borrowers and other interested parties.
- Ensured that the loan or subgrant recipient submitted the QAPP to EPA for review and approval prior to the commencement of any field work.
- Reviewed the primary loan and subgrant application.
- Reviewed the proposed cleanup remedy and provided remediation oversight services.
- Conducted periodic site visits to confirm that the selected cleanup remedy was implemented in accordance with the approved plans and specifications.
- Reviewed and provided written comments on the cleanup closeout documentation.
- Verified that the selected cleanup was being implemented in accordance with the approved documents (e.g., RAP, RLF, and applicable and current local, state and federal requirements).