Fuss & O’Neill was retained to provide a variety of environmental services to redevelop a site into a state-of-the-art Fire Training Academy.
As this site is for fire fighting training, aqueous film-forming foam was reported to have been used on site. Two areas of concern were identified. Fuss & O’Neill was hired to investigate the environmental conditions of these two areas.
- Soil sampling to evaluate PFAS source areas
- Soil management assistance during construction to segregate and control PFAS impacted soil on site
- Groundwater screening for PFAS releases
- Completion of a receptor survey and identification of nearby potable wells
- Sampling of potable wells with DPH and DEEP oversight
- Assistance with connecting one impacted property to public water
- Coordination with the laboratory (TestAmerica Laboratories, Inc.) and the Regional Water Authority